Lent is a time when Christian communities pray, fast, and share as they listen more intently for God. This year, have your church join with many others in heeding the call to be stewards of God’s Creation. Each day calls on us to take a different action and each of these actions will help to preserve God’s great gift of Creation.
May this season serve as a wake-up call to be mindful of the ways that our daily choices impact both our common home and all those with whom we share it, especially people living in poverty.
This year’s calendar is produced in partnership with our friends at Interfaith Partners for the Chesapeake, and we invite you to share it digitally with your community via email, during an upcoming service, and on social media.
Additional Green Lenten Resources
- Ignatian Solidarity Network Lenten Food Waste Fast, “Steadfast: A Call to Love” daily Lenten emails, and recursos en Español
- Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns Lenten Reflection Guide
- Center for Spirituality in Nature Online weekly morning meditations, 8-9 am, every Monday during Lent
- Lutherans Restoring Creation Lenten resources
- Catholic Climate Covenant Lenten resources