Lent, which begins February 26th, is a time when Christian communities pray, fast, and share as they listen more intently for God. This year, have your church join with many others in heeding the call to be stewards of God’s Creation. Each day calls on us to take a different action and each of these actions will help to preserve God’s great gift of Creation.
May this season serve as a wake-up call to be mindful of the ways that our daily choices impact both our common home and all those with whom we share it, especially people living in poverty.
This year’s calendar is produced in partnership with our friends at Interfaith Partners for the Chesapeake, and we invite you to photocopy it double-sided and share with your community as a bulletin insert.
Other Green Lenten Resources
- Creation Justice Ministries 2020 Lent Calendar
- Catholic Climate Covenant Care for Creation 2020 Lenten Calendar
- Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns Lenten Reflection Guide
- Ignatian Solidarity Network Lenten Food Waste Fast and Radical Hope: daily Lenten emails
- Various resources compiled by Lutherans Restoring Creation